Saturday 8 September 2007

What's outside today 19 - a load of Smarts

Actually, this was yesterday, rather than today, and this is the scene outside the Hotel du Vin in Bristol, the location of the launch for the Smart For Two, rather than my usual gaff.


This one is the slightly hairy Brabus version - there were two LHD examples to try.


I was able to take away what is expected to be the big seller in the range - a Passion - for the Verdict test and completed most of the testing with our readers down in Devon and Somerset yesterday. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the Brabus, which I think is a bit pointless, but the basic car is excellent; it's extremely roomy for two people and although this new version represents a consolidation of the Smart concept rather than a big leap forward, it still contains an awful lot of clever thinking.

2 comments:

Fourwheelsteer said...

I wonder what the correct collective noun should be for multiple Smarts.

David Wilkins said...

Actually, I spent ages trying to think of something, but nothing came to mind. Of course, it's a tube of Smarties, but Smarts - that's something else!